The Australian higher education system comprises both public and private universities, Australian branches of overseas universities, and other higher education providers with and without self-accrediting authority.
Qualifications available from higher education providers range from undergraduate awards, (bachelor degrees, associate degrees or advanced diplomas) to postgraduate awards, including graduate diplomas, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees.
TEQSA registers and assesses the performance of higher education providers against the Higher Education Standards Framework.
The Standards Framework comprises seven domains:
- Student Participation and Attainment
- Learning Environment
- Research and Research Training
- Institutional Quality Assurance
- Governance and Accountability
- Representation, Information and Information Management.